Y Monday, February 12, 2007 ; 8:54 PM
As it begin..
Not long ago, I was having lunch with my mom and her friend *well, her friend join us while we are having lunch halfway* we had a chat. It was about education. Mom's friend said "If I only had the money, I would send them off to oversea and will encourage them not to return to Singapore. The standard of living in Singapore high. GST is getting higher and higher without being our pay rise. Jobs are hard to find in Singapore … " my mindset was. "So, you are not proud to be a Singaporean?"
While having dinner with my Aunt's family yesterday. The topic was about education too. Aunt was telling us, how parent register their children to school as early as 2 year olds. Just to enroll them to a popular playgroup class, famous primary, secondary schools and so on. Well, if a children is willing to study. If you put her/him into a neighborhood school, s/he will still be able to achieve what their parent wants.
Tell me hundred and one reasons on why people look down on NA students. If not I do hope this people keep their mouth shut.
Simplicity is life. Y