Y Sunday, January 02, 2011 ; 5:41 PM
As it begin..
4th December 2010Woke up early to have breakfast spread.
I called this, sinful corner.


5 of 7 dwarfs are found :X

Up next, we continued our journey on sightseeing.
First stop, A'Famosa. It's built by the Portuguese in 1511 as a fortress. Not thing much to visit anyway.

The path that lead to St Paul Church. Audrey and I was like "Woah! Early in the morning climb stair liao.."

Second Stop, St Paul Church. Also built by the Portuguese, but later on it was owned by the Dutch. It is a buried ground for the noble dead.



Third stop, The Stadthuys - . It's my favorite museum of all as it feature how Malaaca was formed, built, in short the history of Malacca. There a timeline to go follow, we spent around 3 hours there? It's used to be the official residence of Dutch Governors. With just 5RM per person, you can visit 5 museums. :D
Anyway, Audrey and I got separated in this museum. Apparently, her speed reading was much faster than me. xD
It said Malacca cannons are usually smaller and lighting than other canons. Its easier for them to carry around.

View from the museum.



Fourth! Zheng He's museum. A famous Chinese explorer, diplomat and fleet admiral. Went around visiting Asia and Africa (I think).
I'm at the bottom.

She's at the top.

Fifth! I think it the Dutch museum. Only if my house are like this..


Sixth! Education museum. Look what Audrey is doing.

Chalk we used in the old days.

We went visiting 2 other more, but due to our hungriness we walked pass it. Not really walked pass it, I should said we took a very quick look and head up to our lunch/dinner.
We agreed to have Nyonya food for lunch but we overshot our schedule by a few hours (We have spent too much time in all the museums, it already 5 when we are out) the shop are closed, we dropped by at some coffee shop and have some simple food.
Head up to Cheng Hoon Teng Temple too and purchased some last min food to be brought back to Singapore nearby. I still don’t understand why our mum ask us to buy Raw sugar from Malacca, I brought 3 and Audrey brought 7.
Big pineapple tart

We took this picture in the middle of the cross junction. xD

And we head back to Jonker Street again :D
We brought a lot a lot of random food to eat this time round as we would like to try the street side food.
I like this little fish thing, we brought a box back to Singapore the next day. But I didn’t know what the filling is, I guess it's Kaya.

We went for 2nd round of Potatoes feast.

Greedy Audrey

Beautiful handmade necklaces.

We stopover for Malacca famous dessert, Chandol. And also to grab the wireless connection there. :) Sinful but it's really nice :D

We continue our food hunt. Street side seafood stall.

Wanted to buy food from the Japanese store but since we are heading for Japanese lunch the next day. We give a miss.

We brought sprinkling juices back. I love the peach flavor.

We dropped by to a shop which sell lots of handcraft. Glad that we went in, next moment we know. It's a heavy downpour.

Since the rain didn’t stopped for long, we had no choice but to head back to the hotel (Otherwise, the shop keeper will chase us out, it already midnight). We were all drenched by the time we reach the hotel, the umbrella aren't useful at all :S
Last picture, our supper :D

We spent the rest of the night packing our luggage. 80% of the time our eyes are glue to the TV, that explain why we only pack finish our stuff at around 2am? So few items but yet we took such a long time to pack. :S
Malacca Trip Day 1Labels: December 2010, holiday, malacca, malaysia, oversea, secondary
Simplicity is life. Y