Y Sunday, December 25, 2011 ; 11:42 PM
As it begin..
I shall be a little hardworking this time round by entering my beautiful memories I had with CS people for 6 days trip in Taiwan.
Let's rewind a little bit to 2 years ago where all of us heading to Batam for a very indeed short graduation trip after our poly life. We made a promise to head to oversea 2 years ago after the guys finished their NS and there we go, we are headed to Taiwan 2 weeks ago from Dec 6 till Dec 11.
We even formed a committee for this trip, we have Hui San as chairperson, Hui Si as vice-chairperson, Shu Ting as treasurer/photographer and I'm the treasurer for the trip. :D After the whole trip, almost everyone had a nickname we named during the trip.
6 December 2011I guess, the only time where I woke up without the alarm being snooze is when I'm catching the flight. Woke up 4am in the morning feeling super duper sleepy as the day before was Chan's birthday and we celebrate till quite late.
Mummy was sweet enough to wake up early and carry my 13.5kg (I'm clueless why my luggage is that heavy but my empty luggage weight about 6kg). Met up with Wilson at the bus stop and off we travel to airport. I didn’t really carry my luggage until I reached the hostel. Haha! The cab uncle was acting smart where he claimed that he knew where JetStar counter was and he drove us to Quatas counter instead. In the end, we walked from one end to the other end to the right counter. Sometime, we have to not to trust the cab driver.
Our luggages before the trip begin =)

Ticket to Taiwan:)

Breakfast at Burger King, a picture of the girls while the guys are helping us to buy breakfast.

Feeling so excited that it's my first time traveling on a plane flight to oversea with my friends (excluding the one that I travel on business trip, that is way too rush for me). Thanks Jun Sheng for allocating the window seat for me. I'm sitting beside the wing? Is that call the wing? Anyway, I'm super excited for this trip and been counting down while I'm still having my exams. ;)
Our boarding pass (:

I think we are sitting in the A320 airbus.

I'm sitting with Wilson and Weien during the plane ride to Taiwan

Jun Sheng, Shu Ting and Hui San behind us.

A picture of us :) Hui Si joined us in the evening.

Being my first time on the plane ride and being a typical Singaporean. Every thing I saw and I think which are interesting. I will snap a picture of it. :) I'm flying! I mean the plane.

Up up in the air!

Hui San: "Look Daphne, it's ice"
Me: "Look like salt to me"

My leg went wobbly after 2 hours, nope it's not being I'm afraid of the height. It's because I'm been sitting the same position for 2 hours. Nothing much to do on the plane. I watched my video, listen to music, play Wilson's iPad, talking, sleep (trying very hard to do that). And so, after 4 hours we have reached :)
Then.. It was another few more hours ride to our hostel. The weather there was around 20~ when we just stepped out of the airport.
During the bus ride.


After a few hours.. We reached our hostel. I would recommended to you guys. It doesn’t have the hotels standard that we always have but it is a great place if you just want to have affordable place to lodge. The name is call Taipei Backpacker Hostel, come with free wifi :P

Room mate with Hui San, Hui Si and Shu Ting.
Two storey room, the 2nd floor are actually bedroom.

Hui San ~

Me! I'm sleeping with Hui Si for 5 nights, she slept with me during Batam trip too. Well she's miss me just too much :P

Shu Ting~

We had our breakfast in Singapore was at 6am and we had our next meal at 4pm. We finish up our lunch within minutes.
Food..picture

Trying to play with my spider stand

Our food :)

A photo of us and the food (:

卤肉饭, I think I had it 3 times during my entire trip there. It's really nice!

After our lunch, we went to explore 西門町 (our hostel was there).
We lost our way twice to there, each time we were lost. We have something on our hand to munch.
The first time we were lost, we found ice cream.

Eating ice cream in the cold weather is.. Cool!

We got lost the 2nd time, we found koi. The koi there was much nicer and of course cheaper. It's cost like TWD30 for each cup. Around $1.20 SGD?

The first day was to walk around 西門町 area to explore and to begin our food hunt plus shopping somewhere nearby our hostel. It's doesn’t make sense to travel far where we lost more than half a day in travelling. 西門町 is like Far East Plaza price range, it range the same price as Singapore but much more fashion there. The winter clothing is beautiful and nice! Too bad, given the weather in Singapore. We wont wear such thick and nice jackets.
Me and Hui San trying the plastic spec there

Alert! Food photos ahead!
Wilson is eating.. I think something wrap with hotdog

Hui Sa with roasted corn!

Must try


Look at Hui San expression in the next 2 photos. :P


Weien is greedy, holding onto corn and eating mee sua. It's because the food there is really awesome

Weien was happy with the food he was holding!

We went to this kiap kiap machines, with Wilson as the expert

And we got this!

Continuing the food hunt..

Spicy Korean noodle

Hui San was quening and eyeing for the food, at the same time looking out for camera. She's quick enough for the camera always.


Muaji. The left side of the picture is before it was flatten, the right side show it been flatten and ready to be eaten by me :D

With Cheese and hei teng flavor.

Everyone were happy with the food.

Even me, okay unglam

While waiting, Hui San and Jun Sheng

The person are really friendly there

I called this cheese overdose :S


Shu Ting with the cheese overdose bread

The guys went to fetch our dearest Hui Si from the airport as she was taking the evening flight. She reached around 2am in the morning and we quickly update her all the food we ate :P
Basically, in short. The first day was eating and eating and eating. Each time when we were lost, we found a food store. :D
To end this, I shall post a photo of us at 十分 on the sky lantern. :)

Never been so long, that I typed and entry with lots of photos and words.
Merry Christmas people! And no to mention, I spent quality amount of time with CS peep yesterday for Christmas ;)
Labels: cscc, December 2011, holiday, oversea, Taiwan
Simplicity is life. Y