Y Saturday, December 18, 2010 ; 2:09 AM
As it begin..
After a massive intensive studies for a month and a half in school. A weekend gateway escape with Audrey. She too, after a serious intensive studies (I swear, she was pulling her hair when I was mugging with her). Anyway, she scored well for her exam. :D
The trip was relaxing, enjoyable and of course fun. :) One bad thing was.. I was seriously having a bad flu. Flu love to attack me right after exams. :(
3rd December 2010Met up with Audrey at Someset MRT around 6.30am. MacDonald for breakfast in the middle of the town. Drag our 'empty' luggage to the meet-up point. It's a 4 hours ride from Singapore to Malacca. Throughout the whole journey I was sleeping, sneezing (they blast the air-con) and sleeping
again.
Reached around 1.30pm, checked in at Hotel Equatorial Melaka.


The hotel we stayed was not bad, there are 3 shopping malls beside the hotel. Centralize area between all Museums, just that Jonker Street was quite far away from our hotel.
Head out to the nearby food center for a light lunch.
Prawn noodles, 4RM I think. It's nice, through the soup look spicy but it's sweet. Didn’t manage to take Audrey's bat kut teh. By the time I took my camera, she had already begun her meal. xD

While waiting for our food to be served

First stop, Maritime Museum & Naval Museum.

The museum is a Portuguese ship that sank off the coast of Melaka while on it way to Portugal. It featured the artifacts, documents and information from the Melaka's era. I was surprised that it was ruled by the Portuguese for 128 years, to Dutch, to Japanese and finally to British. My knowledge had increased. :)





Look at the dark clouds behind us. :S


Since, we sensed that the dark clouds are on it way. We quickly left the place and head up to The Culture Center (I think that what it's call), where it sell all the handcraft stuffs and local dried food. Rotting around the place while waiting for the rain to stop.
Glad that it's just a pass-by rain, we continued our journey to Jonker Street (The place we look forward) Since Malacca was ruled by Dutch before. It's wasn’t surprise to find a mini windmill there.



Stopover at some café to have a drink, the place is famous for the egg tarts.



We asked the owner about the Ferris Wheel. Sad to say, it was demolished early this year, I was sooooo looking forward to that.
We visited almost all the shop houses in Jonker Street, till we are sort of 'lost'. Nevertheless, it's fun exploring new area. Checking out location of all museums and of course, shopping trip. ;) that's the girls favorite (?) hobby? :P
During the evening of weekend, stall will be set up along the roadside from 6pm till 1.30am. I think.

While on the way to our dinner, this particular street food stall caught our attention. Fried potatoes..

It's actually a whole potatoes being slice into chips, drip into the special sauces above, fried and deep fried again, lastly it's sprinkle with special sauces. *thumb up for you if you understood what I typed above*
Happy Audrey with the fried potatoes. Skipped it as I still having terrible flu.

When you are in Malacca, Chicken Rice Ball is a must to try. The chicken rice has been rolled into a ball (Similar to fishball). Unique :)

Both of us didn’t finish up the rice, it's kind of too much. Partly, because we want to try more food in those street stall. Overall, it's taste great :)
Walked around Jonker Street, it's like the Pasar malam we have in Singapore. But they are selling lots of interesting and nicer stuffs there. We stopped over at one of the temple where there are aunties dancing line dance inside the Hokkien temple. According to Audrey, it is one of the kind you may find in Asia. Cool, they are dancing the famous korean song "Nobody, nobody, nobody but you!"
The lady with the white headband is 'zai'. She is the most hip among the crowd.

To end this post, I shall post my favorite siew mai picture. 7 for 3RM, I love that :D

PS: I typed this based on whatever it came into my mind. Therefore, the arrangement/linking look kind of weird. Bear with it all right? I'm kind of always to read back from the top. :S
Labels: December 2010, holiday, malacca, malaysia
Simplicity is life. Y