Y Monday, April 13, 2009 ; 12:03 AM
As it begin..
It's the second time that I went oversea with my friends. The first time I went with my secondary school classmate to Genting/ Malacca. Exactly a month later, I went to Batam with my poly cca friends.
Day 1, 5th April 2009, SundayMet up with Joycelyn and Wilson first before heading over to Tanan Merah MRT, met up the rest at the Ferry Terminal. Once there, we were comparing the size of the bags that we are bringing?

Aboard the ship and off we go to Batam! =) Reached the Batam Ferry Terminal, the way we cleared the custom is rather unusual and made me feel so uncomfortable. Bus was provided by the hotel management to the hotel. The hotel was located like at the edge of the island and it's freaking far from the town area. 45 min to town area?

Reached too early unable to check in, walked and rotted at the hotel.
Booked a van and travel to Nagoya Hill, one of the largest shopping mall. Nearly died of smoking there, smoking in the shopping mall? x) A&W for lunch, trying to recall childhood memories of eating that. Well, the food wasn’t that great except for the root beer float. Can some restaurants just adopt the idea of root beer float and waffle ice cream?
Dinner at some Chinese restaurants at Batam Center. The food was great except the rice? x) Shopping was the main activity we did, the guys went over crazy on Polo shirts where they brought quite a few? But it's rather affordable as it is on 50% sales.
Long Lost Friend
Went K box, it's in the package.

Headed back to the hotel room and plan the schedule for the next day. =)
Day 2, 6th April 2009, MondayWoke up early for breakfast buffet provided by the hotel. Out of sudden, I missed the buffet breakfast when I was at Hotel Puri, Malacca. Accompanied Joycelyn, Huisi and Kelvin to bank to exchange old currency to the new one. Actually wanted to try my luck if we are heading back to the shopping mall that we went yesterday cause I regretted buying a shirt that I like?

Headed to the pool once we are back, suppose to go for kayaking but it was low tide, suppose to go snorkeling but the uncle there said it's not advisable. In the end, some went to play volleyball and some went to the beach. Saw hundred of small crab crawling around, saw very small sea shells, wanted to pick them up but they are moving. x)
After quite some times the uncle told us that if we want snorkeling, it's possible. He even told us, if we are lucky enough we might see dolphin, if we are even lucky enough we can see baby shark. x) in the end I only saw clown fish, fish, more fishes, seaweed, corals and 2/3 sea urchin. Beside sea water there is really salty.



Uncle was good enough that he caught seashells for us. =D
Hired 3 cabs and they brought us around Batam area, first stop was the massage center, my bone was soon to be break by them.
Dinner at Golden Prawn, some seafood restaurants recommended by the people there. The food was great especially calamari =D and it's really affordable I guess 6 large dishes cost around SGD 11 dollar/per person =D


I fall a sleep once my head reached the pillow.
Day 3, 7th April 2009, TuesdayBreakfast with cereals and cup noodles, hotel food was rather expensive there. Last min packing, taking photos, videos, chit chatting around, collecting of our seashell.


Credit: Huisan's Boyfriend
Dinner with Joycelyn and Wilson before heading home.
Through we are kind of millionaire when we are in Batam, but I somehow hate the feeling, counting money till I'm lost. Thousands by thousands, thousands with hundred.
The night sky in there was good, keep popping my head to see the sky. But I think I have pass back my knowledge to the senior cause I don’t seem to remember which constellation is which. x)
But it's really fun going with them, enjoyed myself to the fullest! Self highness we created, lame joke we said, silly actions we did. Just so fun. We concluded that 2 years later we shall go oversea again =)
Celebrated Kelvin advance birthday on Thursday at Cathy. Happy Birthday Kelvin!

Year 3 =))

Went over to FO Weekend Activity yesterday. Rained came to visited us halfway through the events. I guess they didn’t buy enough chilli padi.
Anyway the event was a successful one, the camper did enjoy themselves. Had a fun time saving their Daddy and Mummy. Good Job OCs =)
Labels: batam, birthday, fow, graduation trip, oversea
Simplicity is life. Y