Y Tuesday, April 01, 2008 ; 6:28 PM
As it begin..
*Warning: Long PostGone missing for 8 days and 7 nights.
Back from FO Camp 08/09.
FO camp was a success! *clap clap*
Enriching experience for me. A camp which fill with many moods.
However in this camp, I have learn 3 valuable things.
1. Sacrifice
2. Don’t assume
3. Forgive and forget
Sacrifice, in order to run a camp well. There are many things to sacrifice. In camp we do things not because of us. It's because of the camp. Though it's not within your job scope, just do it. For the success of the camp. Don’t argue, argue and complains can be done after the camp. But if you don’t sacrifice in sometimes, camp wont be as successful as it is.
Don’t assume. When people tend to assume. It's mean it is not done. Assume is a very unforgiving word in camp. So if we do it, do till the end. Do till when we are very sure that it's done.
Forgive and forget. In camp in do make mistake. Sometimes without you knowing. You have make someone angry or frustrated. Just be forgiving, in camp you seldom get enough sleep therefore people tend to make mistake and be frustrate easily. But when camp end. Forgive and forget the incident. As we are one big family again. =)
Being an asst camp chief in FO camp wasn’t as easy as what I have gone through in LTC. It is a totally new experience and memorable experience. In LTC you are facing people that you have already know in the camp and planning is quite easy. Compare to FO Camp. You are facing a totally new people. With double the amount of people in the camp. It's wasn’t as easy as you think. Many things to be done and many things to be take into consideration.
Prep Camp is the time we make mistake and learn from our mistake. In prep camp time pass very slow but we make it. =) prep camp remind me of the time when I was a GL. Then it will slowly remind of the silly stuffs you did in the camp.
Went home on the last day of prep camp. Since the next day is mum birthday. She cooked a fabulous dinner for me. Knowing that I wont be eating that well in camp. Through, she is angry with me for not celebrating her birthday and did not spent quality of time with family since holiday start. But I know she still love me lots! Pass her the present, she's happy. It's worth spending nights doing all that.
Actual camp passed very fast. With a blink. 4 days of camp has ended. In camp, One moment I'm busy doing camp stuff but another moment I'm like stoning without doing anything. I slept even lesser cause there are campers who need to leave early or late. But I took a 2 hour nap during VS games as I was very tired as I need to prepare myself for nightwalk.
Nightwalk, was station that the starting point. I hate watching ghost movie but I was station there anyway. So, was self-entertaining myself. By having a count down session for the next pair to walk. Was fun, it's way better than watching ghost movie.
Amazing race was fun. Had fun playing in one station with Ivan while waiting for campers to arrive. Make a fool of ourselves but at least we are enjoying. Make Joann and Weien had a great laugh.
End of camp. Was bilibanja by the GLs. Most importantly Kelvin and I were bare footed and the GLs are wearing shoes! Got a cut from them I think. Didn’t realized until I was bathing. But it's all right. First time being bilibanja x)
When camp end. Feel totally refreshed! Suddenly, my mind is getting lighter. I'm still worried when they are having performance. I was thinking what if the camper is doing something stunning and a officer happen to walk pass. What if a campers' parent call and ask why still haven break camp. But when camp end. WOO! Happy!
I slept for 25 hours for the entire camp. Which is good, I thought I will be sleeping like less than 24 hours?
Finally reach home at 11pm after the debriefing. Mum cooked another fabulous meal for me. I know I make them worry. But glad that are understanding.
Went sleeping without worry. For the past few days, have been thinking what happen if this this this happen. What happen if I forgot that. So what are they going to do. What if I have too many camper? What if this and that. But it’s over now.
And of course my phone can get some rest now. Been receiving call from campers and sms regarding about camp. Though now I'm still receiving call for Weekend Activity. But it's not as much compare to FO camp.
In this camp, I have make more friends. From hi-bye friends to even close friends. =D
Lastly, there are people that I would like to thanks
Yiwen,
Thanks for giving me chance to take up this post as the Asst. Camp Chief. Although, it is the second time taking up this post. But the experience I get is totally different from LTC. Thanks for entrusting me. =)
Kelvin,
Been glad that I'm working with you for the second time. Went though a lot with you, since the start of holiday. 2 months! Although there are times that we disagree with each other. But it's for the good of the camp. I'm glad that I'm working with you. Been great working with you! Right, pretty camp chief.
OCs,
I know at one point of time. Keep rushing you all to get things done as camp are nearer. But, I'm glad that you all are understanding. Thanks!
Seniors,
When I'm always in trouble with camp. Helping hands are always offer by you guys. Without that, the camp wont be as success as it is. Thanks!
GPs and GLs,
Thanks GPs for taking your time and came down to help out in this camp. Thanks for taking leave from work and come down to this camp. Really appreciate =) GLs too! For coming to school daily for training to make this camp successful. THANKS!
Campers,
Thanks for coming down! I know no one will be reading this.
I have sum up 8 days worth of thought in here. =) through there are lots more to say but I just cant remember it. =D
I must think, who should I get the photo from. =D
sukiyaki..
Simplicity is life. Y